It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Don't forget to visit the "sister site"—The Letterheads!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

The Hand Lettering Forum is the interactive half of the two sites. The permanent information site is at http://www.theletterheads.com.

If you haven't been there, CHECK IT OUT!

At the very top of this page, you will see a tab at the far right titled "The Letterheads Site". If you click on it, the link is trying to find an index.html page. I'd fix that but I don't know (scared) how to edit the links. Anyway, once on the page, click the big banner at the top of the page and "you'll be in!"

I recently made a change that brings a page called "Hard to Find Sign Supplies" to the top of the first page.

Danny and I created that page after Rick Glawson's passing, allowing for the eventual demise of Rick's old Esoteric Sign Supply. Some of the links might not work now, but it should definitely get you started and on the right path.

There is a section about Gold Leaf Backup Paint. When Esoteric Sign Supply was active, Rick sold us Dekor Gloss (screen ink) for backing up gold leaf. The stuff was beautiful!

Quote:
Sericol: Locations around the country
Fast Dry Enamel (FDE) will work great for gold leaf back up. It might be the next best thing to Dekor Gloss which is no longer made. FDE is made by a division of the company that was formerly called Colonial Screen Ink. Colonial made Dekor Gloss 5800. $64 per gallon— in a variety of colors including ochre and black

Here's the direct link to the Hard to Find Sign Supplies page:
http://theletterheads.com/2014/04/17/hard-to-find-sign-supplies/

A year or so ago, Danny and I changed the old "Green Site" to a newer version working under Wordpress. All of the data is on the server, instead of originating at my computer here in Jackson Hole. That allows Danny or any other administrator to edit it without all the software and files.

Lastly, the Denver Letterheads group came through one more year with funds to finance both sites for one more year. They will always accept donations to their account if you are interested in helping support this site next year. Thanks again to the Denver group!

Mike Jackson

Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons