Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Priming and Painting Galvanized Metal?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Priming and Painting Galvanized Metal?

Post by Mike Jackson »

I need to paint piece of galvanized metal to match other panels. Do you have a sure fire solution for the primer?

Thanks in advance,
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Tyler Tim

Re: Priming and Painting Galvanized Metal?

Post by Tyler Tim »

The best galvanized metal primer I've used and only one I use. Is Benjamin Moore Bonding Primer. It's a near water thin, blue colored. Dries in about 15 minute to a snap feel when rubbed. I have lighted sign cans I've built 15 yrs old still holding finish coat just fine.

That's what I get... should be just what you need.
Sure I paint thing for my amusement and then offer them for sale. A brushslinger could whither en die from lack of creativity in this plastic town my horse threw a shoe in. :shock: