Hi fellow Letterheads!
I'm a pinstriper/sign painter living and working in Oslo, Norway. I have been passively following the forum for a while now, time to join the dark side and start getting involved!
I'd like to spread the word about a Letterheads Meet that I am arranging together with Carl Fredrik "Frisso" Angell (some of you may know him for his awesome hand lettering) and Metric Design Studio in Oslo in June 2017. I've only had a chance to attend two Letterhead Meets so far, one in Rochester, England in 2014 and this year's Amsterdam, but it sucked me in completely and I've decided Norway needs one, too. Here is a few useful links:
Event newsletter: http://eepurl.com/cqJfrP
Event website: http://www.letterheads2017.com
Event on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/651911254983152/
I'll answer the obvious question before it comes up - why "Designers meet Sign Painters"? The idea behind Letterhead Meets is "keeping the craft alive". I am lucky enough to be able to work with talented designers who care highly for our craft, but don't know much about the process involved in creating traditional signage. Yet, every time they get a chance, they push for hand painted signs instead of vinyl and print. I would like to give us and them a chance to meet on common ground and be able to exchange ideas, show how we work, learn from their experience in design, stir it up!
We've already got a list of some talented artists who will teach workshops, and the list is growing. Here's what we have today:
* Bob Behounek (USA) - Layout;
* David A. Smith (UK) & Will Lynes ( (Australia) - Reverse glass gilding;
* Mike Meyer (USA) - Speed Lettering
* Rick Janzen (Canada) - Distressed signs - hands on;
* Peter Anthony (UK) - Script lettering
* Sarah B. Eggen (Norway) - Surface gilding
* Adam "TheosOne" Klodecki (Poland/Germany) - Calligraphy and creative lettering
* Pekka Mannermaa (Finland) - Hot Rod Lettering
* Paul Myerscough (UK) - Christmas windows
* Anna Taut (Poland/Germany) - Mural signage
Hope to have the chance to meet as many of you as possible at the meet in Oslo. Everyone is welcome!