Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Costa Rica

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Costa Rica

Post by Mike Jackson »

Darla and I spent a couple of warm weeks in Costa Rica in January. It was roughly 88 degrees there and -20 degrees here in Jackson Hole during our trip. Easy trade!
PolloLoco-1.jpg
PolloLoco-1.jpg (189.43 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
I snapped a few sign photos while there, including this hand painted one.
Tropical-1.jpg
Tropical-1.jpg (345.38 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
Many signs we saw were printed, as in this sign over a restaurant / museum. "Tropical" is a fruit drink, and much like the old Coca-Cola signs of the day, appear to supply the identity sign in exchange for their advertising.
SanIsidro-1.jpg
SanIsidro-1.jpg (215.02 KiB) Viewed 2527 times
We stayed in a small town called Dominical. It's a tourist spot with good surfing. The shot above is inland at San Isidro about 30 miles. The town sits below Costa Rica's highest peak. Dominical caters to English speaking tourists, with most signs and menus in both Spanish and English.

We went to Costa Rica to relax and warm up, but I still found time to take over 10,000 images of the landscapes, monkeys, Macaws, flowers, iguanas, crocodiles, and sunsets. If you are interested, click this link to view a https://www.bestofthetetons.com/2017/01 ... scrapbook/.

Cheers!
Attachments
Tropical-1.jpg
Tropical-1.jpg (345.38 KiB) Viewed 2527 times
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Doug Bernhardt

Re: Costa Rica

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Mike....I took advantage of your invitation and took a tour thru your photos. You really have run with your new interest...very inspiring in so far as seeing what else life has to offer, even for old dogs like us ;=)