Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

a few old photos

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Doug Bernhardt

a few old photos

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Lately I've been sorting out my computer and old photographs and stumbled on a few photos from the days before I was doing all the wood signs and was concentrating on show-cards. I don't know how far back and what other folks remember of what got them started in this craft of ours but for the sake of it I'll jot down a couple of my earliest memories.

In the days before colour TV on our local station they would have a show-card (all in shades of black and white) with a voice over of the announcer letting you know about the sale at the tailor shop of whatever. They had a captive audience in those days as there wasn't the 300 channel world of today and limited to about 2 maybe 3 stations. My goal was to be be "That" guy and spent the first 10 years doing nothing but show cards. So in the spirit of "Showing off" here's a few that I actually bothered to take an old slide photo of.

I'm hoping that others will join in on the idea of being bold and showing off some old "n" as well as the great stuff I see everyone doing.
Attachments
e-card21 copy.jpg
e-card21 copy.jpg (91.18 KiB) Viewed 2440 times
E-sho86-3 copy.jpg
E-sho86-3 copy.jpg (103.57 KiB) Viewed 2440 times
e-sho86-2.jpg
e-sho86-2.jpg (461.99 KiB) Viewed 2440 times
Christopher Trenary

Re: a few old photos

Post by Christopher Trenary »

These are great!