Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Enamels on vehicles.

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Robert Schwieger

Enamels on vehicles.

Post by Robert Schwieger »

Out of the mainstream for many years but I am curious: are one shot enamels compatible with current passenger vehicles finishes? Trucks were OK with enamels but times may have changed.
Doug Bernhardt

Re: Enamels on vehicles.

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Hi again Robert. Last time I did a truck was quite a few years ago and they were just fine then. I've since seen many of the guys doing these sort of jobs at Letterheads events and they're still using those and the new urethane paints. What I'm "not" sure of if there's any prep for the truck to do in advance and look forward to hearing from folks with more recent experience.
Robert Schwieger

Post by Robert Schwieger »

Thanks for the advice. Are the polyurethane paints compatible with glass work? Thanks again. Bob.
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

I've never used the urethanes before but have heard only great things about them. It looks like something that would be a good test case