Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

A Guide to American Cut and Engraved Glassware by James M. Havens

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Anthony Bennett

A Guide to American Cut and Engraved Glassware by James M. Havens

Post by Anthony Bennett »

My wife is an avid collector of cut glass and in particular Waterford Crystal to the extent that we have visted there and I am both interested and amazed at some of the work I have seen displayed there.

Cut glass may be slightly off topic to the forum but it does reveal the interesting techniques used by the original craftsmen involved in Brilliant Glass Cutting.

I was "surfing the web" looking for information on how Brilliant Glass Cutting was applied to extremly small pieces when I came across this rather interesting website called "The House of Brilliant Glass" and within it a guide written by the late James HAVEN who was a major collector, restorer and reseller of American Brilliant Cut Glass, although he was assisted by the skills of a Mr Shay O’Brien late of Waterford, Ireand.

I made a search of the forum and could not find a previous post about the website, guide or Mr HAVEN and In the spirit of not posting material that may be copyright, those intersted my like to see major portions of the guide posted by the current owners by visiting here.
http://www.brilliantglass.com/a-guide-to-abcg/