Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Frank Atkinson

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

William Holohan

Frank Atkinson

Post by William Holohan »

Old Forum Posts: on July 13, 2003

Mike Jackson

Code: Select all

Hey gang,
Last week I was digging through a nice sized file folder of stuff from Frank Atkinson and Steven Parrish I have collected over the years. I saw a small picture of Frank in one of his ads in ST for his "Last and Final Book on Sign Art". After a couple of emails to Tod at The American Museum, I found a complete 1950 ST in my mailbox along with a few other articles and letters by Frank that I didn't already own. (Thanks Tod!)

He was 78 when this photo was taken and died six years later while living in Jackson, MS.

It's hard to say when I will actually get to tackle the project, but I want to dedicate a few Internet pages on this site to Frank Atkinson, including a few photos, drawings, and list of his books.

Not much high tech equipment in the photo above!...just tons of talent.

Mike Jackson

Bob
Thanks Mike , thats a great old photo.
Boy I'd love to see some backround on Frank.
I bought the book you mentioned, "Last and Final Book on Sign Art". a while ago, and to my suprise, He had signed the inside cover!
Thanks again for sharing. Bob