Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Fine Gold Garage Sale...Any Updates?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

William Holohan

Fine Gold Garage Sale...Any Updates?

Post by William Holohan »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Harry Malicoat on July 08, 2003
Does anybody know any more about the planned garage sale at Fine Gold. I haven't received any notice and I have been at every conclave since 90 and of course buy from them like the rest of the group. I plan to go, but it would be great to at least have a few days notice.

Danny Busselle
Steve Posted an Open Letter from Esoteric on letterville, That mentions something about garage sale.
Mike Jackson

Hi Harry,
I haven't received a notice directly, but I saw this information on Shortreed's Letterville site:
Dave Glawson asked us To the to post this letter on his behalf. Hopefully it will answer some of your questions regarding the future of Esoteric Sign Supply.

Friends and Clients of Esoteric Sign Supply and the Fine Gold Sign Company;

As some of you are aware, the founder and owner of Fine Gold Sign Co. and Esoteric Sign Supply, Rick Glawson, passed away, March 10, 2003 at age fifty five of a heart attack.

Many of you have stopped by the shop, called, faxed or e-mailed your condolences to the family and we greatly appreciate it. You have also asked about the disposition of the Esoteric Sign Supply business.

Rick's brothers, David and Paul Glawson have been running the Esoteric Supply Supply business, and it will remain in full operation. We would like thank everyone for your continued support. The store business has allowed the estate to reimburse Lola Grey, Rick's long time friend and partner, the monies that she so graciously loaned to Rick, much sooner than expected.

Please be patient with us as we go through the inventory process and probate procedures as the law prescribes. We have a new, revised catalog that is available to you by mail or fax for the asking.

Esoteric Sign Supply will be having a Gold sale in the month of July. Please contact us for current pricing on Gold Leaf products.

Please note: The shop will be having a "Yard Sale" at the Wilmington, CA location, on July 12, 2003, to clear out partially used product that Rick used in his shop, as well as many other items including; silk screens and tools, many sizes, shapes and styles of glass, frames, brushes, Abalone, Mother of Pearl, Mica, Smalt, Varnish, Chemicals, Paint, T-Shirts, etc.
These items will be available at below wholesale prices.

Thanks again to those of you who attended Rick's funeral and shared your love of Rick and your condolences with us all. What we took away with us
from Rick's memorial service was that if you love or care for someone, let them know. Don't delay! No man knows the day or the hour that he should
pass from this Earth. Have no regrets and live your life to it's fullest. Be a good friend and treat everyone with love and respect. This is how Rick lived his life, and we know this is what he would have wished for you.

Thank you again for your continued patronage, love and support.

David and Paul Glawson - Rick's Brothers
Patricia Glawson - Rick's Mother
Trina Glawson - Rick's Neice
Marilyn and Margie Glawson - Rick's Sister-in-Laws

Esoteric Sign Supply - 1646 Wilmington Blvd., Wilmington, CA 90744
310-549-6622 - Phone
310-549-0180 - Fax

[ July 07, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]
Sarah C
Well as usual over there, the thread on that turned contentious. I see no reason to not post the date here.