Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Gold Chloride (angel Gilding) Update

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Gold Chloride (angel Gilding) Update

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Robare M. Novou on September 03, 2003
As some of you already know, I sell a book about making gold chloride (angel gild). From the few books I have sold so far, I have only heard back from one person as to their success in making and applying the gold chloride(angel gild).

This person has been able to as she says "produce and apply it just like ricks kit".

She has also informed me,through her attempts,of improvements to the technique of producing the gold solution from a gold solid. And as such I will be updating the book with a more detailed instruction that will contribute greatly to your success. To all those that have already purchased the book, I will be sending you an additonal page or two in the next few weeks. Not that the book is wrong, as its still viable as is, but, its always a quest of mine to provide the most reliable and up-to-date knowledge of the process.
And I feel that this information warrants it. When I make my next batch of gold chloride, I will be incorporating her techniques. I cant wait!!!

RMN
Robert Beverly
Robare

Sounds interesting!

We have been real busy since getting your book, so I am looking forward to playing now that things have become controllable!
I am curious to see what new found developments have surfaced!

Robert