Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Rick's craq-allure photo

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Rick's craq-allure photo

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Roderick on September 29, 2003
Mike,

Thanks for posting the photo of the sign from Ricks with the crackle background.It's was one of my personal favorites.Do you have a photo of the whole sign?
I never noticed the stars and other shapes in there to.It looks like the were laid in after the crackle and before what i remember being finished in surface leafed gold.
I've done alot of that style of crackle but on front surface painting only.I did a sample on glass and the material doesn't flow out very well it shows alot of brush marks.Maybe thats why rick did the stars and etc.to hide the brush marks?

RODERICK