Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

What Font Styles Would You Like To See?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

What Font Styles Would You Like To See?

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Chuck Davis on October 17, 2003
Is there a particular style that is missing from your current font list? I'd like to hear what everybody would like to see.
Hi Chuck,
I mentioned this cigar label the other day when we spoke. I must have an original of it here. I don't know if there are enough characters for you to generate the rest, but these are some really nice letters. I'd love to see the complete font on this one!

Mike Jackson
Chusk Davis
Yes, this could be a nice one. The caps are real nice & beefy. Looks like most of the caps could be created using the same basic shapes. The lowercase is a bit weak and could use some thickening up... they might look better if they had some "swish" to them like the caps.

We might tackle this one.

Thanks,
--Chuck
Kent Smith
Chuck: I think this type of font works better if the lower case is simpler like the sample with more character in the upper case letters. Remember that the old school old rule was throw in some character but keep it readable.
Chuck
Okay Kent... Thanks for the advice. If anyone would know about old lettering it would be you and Mike. You guys are the experts!

Thanks,
--Chuck
Kent Smith
Thanks Chuck, I thought I was just old.