Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Love and Hate "The Sign Biz"

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Love and Hate "The Sign Biz"

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Roderick on October 16, 2003
After almost 40 year in the "Sign Biz"it never fails to amaze me what a client can do.
I thought getting a job at a local outlet mall would mean doing fun work.
Two years ago I did an invintory of all the signs and their conditions and put it in a package. One of the stores had some signs that were in bad shape (2 years ago). So they finally call to get them refurbished. I go back out there to check them out and call the cleint to tell them it's no probelm , just sign the invoice and send a deposit then we'll get started.
I get a e-mail saying they work with a national company and that it's to much red tape to process a deposit check so i didn't get the job.
By the way my price was 900. and theirs was 2700.Go figure.
So after 40 years in "The sign Biz" the part I love is I don't have to do a refurbish job ( which I hate) and a can surf more. LIFE IS GOOD

Roderick