Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

New American Collection of Panels & Ornaments

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

New American Collection of Panels & Ornaments

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Mike Jackson on November 01, 2003

Hi all,
In a couple of posts, I had mentioned I have been really busy on another project. Well, here it is!

I have been digitizing The Americana Collection of Panels and Ornaments since September of last year. My best guestimate is 800 hours, but it might even be more!

Grab a cup of coffee and visit the site. I think you will enjoy seeing the new colorized examples, the new images, and also quite a few new Tips and Techniques pages. The colorized example above uses one of the "Free Download" images for the ornamental panel. I also included the United Cigar image on one of the download pages.

I am very happy with this new CD. It contains just over 1000 images...many of which are quite complicated. You'll recongnize some of these from the Atknison, Henderson, Imelli, Halsted, Strong and a bunch others. Additionally, I have a few originals and a bunch of panels I built using combinations of elements. Along with the images, I digitized a new font to go with the collection.

The Colorized Examples in the Americana and Broadway sections will probably get your attention and hopefully spark your imagination. The 64 page booklet has a beautiful four color cover. They will be collectible all by themselves!

I am fairly confident this will become a "Must Have" CD. When you see it, I think you will agree!

Golden Era Studios and the NEW Collection
http://www.goldenstudios.com/index.htm

Mike Jackson

(Please forgive me on this blatant plug, but I gotta do it to pay the bills!)
Dan Baronian
Well, the new Americana CD booklets were printed here in California. Actually just a few miles from my shop.

So I've had the opportunity to see the new images and the book first hand. The new addition on Mike's site are great, but there's nothing like holding and paging through a new book, be it a novel or collection of art.

This is a must have collection. The images not only print well, they route without a hitch. Don't wait for Christmas.

Well, what do you think Raymond? You should have yours by now.

Danny

Raymond Chapman
Yep...just got it in today while I was eating lunch. This is the best yet!!

The full color cover just hints at the possibilities that are inside. There are thousands of idea starters and some panel shapes that are out this world. It won't take long to cover my cost.

And to those who buy one...please don't copy and give them away (or sell them). Mike has poured out himself on this project. Respect his efforts and allow him the benefit of your support.
Ron Percell
Sweet Stuff,
I know what I want for an early christmas present,
These will pay for theirselfs right away.

Excellent work Mike!
Tony Segale
wow....

I took the time to few all the thumbnails and the two fonts and the colored examples and the tips and techniques and the....
I'll be calling soon to order, some of my favorites that I've seen in the Strong and Atkinson books already vectorized?! shoot, I'm planning a vacation as soon as I order this collection!
Tony
Raymond Chapman
Mine has already been ordered and the check went out this morning. Now, the trick is to see if there is any money in the bank when it comes back.

Looks like some great stuff. I always make money with Mike's clip art collections and I'm sure I will with this one too. Usually, I pay for the CD with the first job I use it on.