Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Rome

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Rome

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by John Grenier on November 17, 2003
Ciao Everybody,
Diana and I are in Rome, yeah the one in Italy.
We are taking pictures of signs of course, wow they have some really old ones, except they all just use Roman Lettering. This is the most humbling experience for anyone with any artist talent, in fact I,m giving it all up and just going to get a job and drive a truck.
Will figure out how to post photos when we return.
Kent Smith
I would be interested in seeing texture techniques and various karats being used there, as well as what they use for back-up on glass. Enjoy your trip.
Roderick
John don't drive a truck just move to Florence.There are more guilded windows there than I have ever seen.As a guilder my neck got sore looking up so much.They don't do as fancey of styles as we do here but very classy.I look forward to seeing your photo's
Mike Jackson
He John!
Here's your chance. "When in Rome, do as the Romans"...maybe you can do that--and when you get back to the states, you can let us know what that means!

Mike Jackson