Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

John Yarnell's Rawson & Evans Vector file

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

John Yarnell's Rawson & Evans Vector file

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Larry White on December 18, 2003

Hey, it works! This was made from the file John Yarnell created and has made available to all via the download section of this site. Hey, a piece of glass, a little acid etching, some glue chipping, a splash of silver, a hint of gold, a few paint blends, a nice pictorial, slap it in a home made frame... and hey, it's on to the next one. ...remember, art before TV...

Happy Holidays All1 -LW
Roderick
Larry you are my hero!Where do you find the time to turn stuff out so fast?It looks great and where did you get the illustration.I remember you saying that one of you pieces had a hand painted oil painting in it .I was wondering if this does to.

Again great work
Roderick
Larry White
Indeed, this one incorporates another hand painted original oil painting. It is mounted to a piece of foam core board which is then simply pressed firmly against the glass when framed. This is the current method I've been employing. I'll only adhere them to the glass if they are not framed. I've been procuring these paintings from an art dealer in the UK. His prices seem quite reasonable to me. I believe the portrait in the Corina sign was about $45. The look of the original painting is very classy and a step above a colored xerox copy. Check out his site at the link below.

I've taken the stance of "a role model of productivity". I work with glass everyday, I fill the down time (however short) with something related to reverse glass. I also have an art studio (sanctuary) at home and typically do some work in there nightly. (..and the only TV I watch is Sunday and Monday night football, which means my TV season is coming to an end.) And, I just like doing glass art.

D & W Art Products
http://dandwart.com/
Roderick
Larry,Just think what you could get done if it wheren't for football.I checked out D&W ,looks interesting.I didn't see the one you used but I'll keep looking.
Thanks
Roderick