Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

New Video

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Roderick Treece

New Video

Post by Roderick Treece »

Here is a new video we just finished.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwmFOM_qYSI
CHRIS MAHURON

Re: New Video

Post by CHRIS MAHURON »

Enjoyed this very much.:)
Jerry Berg

Post by Jerry Berg »

I like your video Rod! Seeing your place again brings back good memories.
Kelly Thorson

Post by Kelly Thorson »

That was great Rod. I really enjoyed seeing and hearing you speak again. It's been a long time - too long! :) There are some lovely footage effects, I really like the start. Beautiful work, although I have seen a lot of it before, the collective is even more impressive. Good on ya!
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Great film Rod, You did an amazing job, really enjoyed it. Thanks for mentioning my gilders tip ,you didnt need to do that, real kind of you.

Hope you get plenty of work from this promotion.
Dave
Last edited by DAVE SMITH on Sat May 05, 2012 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bob gamache

Post by bob gamache »

Fantastic job as usual Rod!
Bob Gamache
erik winkler

Post by erik winkler »

What a beautifull movie Roderick.
Finally saw your pieces in detail and they are even more impressive then I thought.
Happy for you.

Erik
Realizing we are in the 2nd renaissance of the arts.
Learn, copy and trying to improve...
Still in the learning phase ;-)
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu
www.facebook.com/Schitterend.eu
Lee Littlewood

Post by Lee Littlewood »

That is a pretty good shot, Rod. I think that like Dave Smith's video, it will make sense to people who are not in the trade. And that is not easy to pull off - we get so wrapped up in all the lovely materials and processes that we often can't explain it easily. I think of it as as the "modern" problem - in the 1920s a client could walk out on the sidewalk and point to a barber shop and say "I want something like that, but in blue" and everybody would know what 2tone gold leaf looks like. Now if they do that it is a vinyl sign, so we have to start by showing them their options, many of which they have never seen. I think that if one of your clients looks at this video before talking with you they will be a long way up the learning curve. Congratulations.
Roderick Treece

Thanks everyone, I think it helps when the filmmaker doesn't know what you do. It's an education for him as well so he try's to make it make sense to a general public.
We have another one that will be coming out soon. It's totally different so hold on to your seat for that one.
Ron Berlier

Post by Ron Berlier »

Rod, a great video - very well done :!: Your passion for the craft comes through loud and clean. I enjoyed seeing it - thanks for sharing it with all of us.
Ron Berlier
Wherever I go, there I am.
Larry White

Post by Larry White »

That was swell.
Good job dude.
I can tell that was a bit of work to put together.

4:00 AM....for pity's sake...

-Aho!
Last edited by Larry White on Tue May 08, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry White
That's enough for now... it's gettin' late
Town Of Machine
http://www.walljewelry.com
pat mackle

Post by pat mackle »

Hey Rod,
Finally found time to set back, relax, and watch this. How perfect and entertaining it was. What you have done here is capture the Rod I've come to know after many years of having phone conversations and meeting up at conclaves. Not only your accumulated love and knowledge of your craft, but also your awareness of the beauty of all things in nature and your uplifting spiritual insights are reflected in your philosophy and workmanship. They all combine harmoniously like colors on a palette. I admire you my friend, with an ever growing respect.
I very much enjoyed the vidiographer's work. And also an excellent sound track. Very nicely done.
Pat
Roderick Treece

Thanks so much Pat. I am glad you enjoyed it. I think Derek did a great job too.
vance galliher

Post by vance galliher »

great work Rod..........I've saved it to my favorites along with dave's video. I enjoy showing folks what "the cream of our crop" does.
vance
dimensional and glass art signs
http://www.vancegallihersigns.com
John Studden

Post by John Studden »

Rod, The video captures the feeling we all have for the craft of Gilding, It's something we never seem to grow tired of, a definite addiction. Well done, a great job from a great craftsman.

Thanks for the mention, John
John Studden
Valencia Signs, California
Lorenzo Petersson

Post by Lorenzo Petersson »

Yeah, this was really inspirational. Felt very honest and i can relate to your fascination with the work and material. Soo, got any more? :)
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

yeo Rod....you an never have too many art films about what we do. Loved it.....although I have 1 simple question....when did "you" turn into an old fart? (like the rest of us)