Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Prescription acid ?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Andrey Kolmakov

Prescription acid ?

Post by Andrey Kolmakov »

Hello again !
I want to ask you what kind recipe of acid use to etch glass . I found one recipe, but i do not like the result. Glass turns too grainy. I saw a lot of work on the Internet and they are very delicate etching.
Ciaran Gallagher

Re: Prescription acid ?

Post by Ciaran Gallagher »

i know this may be frowned upon by some professional guys and girls but i have been getting great results with a product available in most craft shops called "armour etch" glass etching cream it takes about 5 mins to etch the glass and can be used with signmakers vinyl as a mask
Attachments
251760013.jpg
251760013.jpg (16.99 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
Roderick Treece

Re: Prescription acid ?

Post by Roderick Treece »

Ciaran,
I don't think anything is frowned upon except of course a bad job. I say by any means nesessary to get results.