Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

One from Me

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Tyler Tim

One from Me

Post by Tyler Tim »

Here's a piece I made up... Cigar is a race horse stable colors were Red, White and Blue. The frame is from an old lobby show card display I picked up from the 30's I trimmed to fit.

Tim
Attachments
cigar 3.JPG
cigar 3.JPG (170.87 KiB) Viewed 3597 times
Cigar R.JPG
Cigar R.JPG (144.73 KiB) Viewed 3580 times
Sure I paint thing for my amusement and then offer them for sale. A brushslinger could whither en die from lack of creativity in this plastic town my horse threw a shoe in. :shock:
Rich Hawthorne

Re: One from Me

Post by Rich Hawthorne »

Nice one Tyler. Stipple etched with variegated gold looks like to me. Is that right?

Nice shading job on the ribbon.
Tyler Tim

Post by Tyler Tim »

Thanks Rich

It's not acid etched. It's sandblasted, was deep etched on the outline. Then I use some garnet medium used in water jet cutters and frosted the letter face. Used XX pale gold powder on the outline and yes variegated on the face. Yeah I was happy with the ribbon when I flipped it around. The lettering has a nicer texture to it in real life but I tried my best to get a good photo.

Tim
Sure I paint thing for my amusement and then offer them for sale. A brushslinger could whither en die from lack of creativity in this plastic town my horse threw a shoe in. :shock:
Tyler Tim

Post by Tyler Tim »

And another. 23.5K with a little 22K here and there on the letters edge... it gives it a look of being embossed into the glass.
Attachments
right tilt.JPG
right tilt.JPG (488.54 KiB) Viewed 3290 times