Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Just wantesd to introduce myself

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Johnny Milne

Just wantesd to introduce myself

Post by Johnny Milne »

Hey There Everybody, My name is Johnny M. from Boston Ma. I originally was a graffitti artist then moved on to airbrushing then dabbled in some pinstriping but have really fell in love with hand lettering. Just wanted to say hello and I am glad I found this forum. TONS of usefull info. Im sure Ill have a lot of questions.

Thanks

JM
BruceJackson

Re: Just wantesd to introduce myself

Post by BruceJackson »

Hi Johnny,

welcome. There certainly is a lot of info tucked away in the older posts on this forum.

You'll notice there has been a fairly strong focus, not just on hand lettering, but on the use of gold leaf and glass. It's because traditionally, this type of signwork was always considered at the high end of the sign trade, so naturally some of us gravitated towards that and it explore it as an artform.

The forum is perhaps not as active on a daily basis as it was several years ago, but there are lots of very talented people with a vast amount of experience who are willing to share their knowledge. Enjoy!
Anthony Bennett

Re: Just wantesd to introduce myself

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Welcome. Enjoy yourself here