Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Online Mucha Exhibit

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Kelly Thorson

Online Mucha Exhibit

Post by Kelly Thorson »

Being an avid Mucha fan, I was delighted to find this online exhibitof his works. The exhibit which will run from Oct 06 to September 07 will feature over 400 of his images, featuring a different theme every two weeks. The detailing in his panels is an amazing source of inspiration.
Enjoy....
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

Thank you for the notice about Mucha. I was drawn to his art and art nouveau just before or at the same time I began delving into searching out french embossing. Both beckoned to me in a very familiar way that I have still not been able to pull up to the front of my brain. I don't believe in reincarnation, or previous lifetimes, but it surely feels as if it smacks at that.
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Great heads up and thanx. This took me back also. The "Zodiac"image was on an album cover from the 60's.... Naturally I bought it but the contents never lived up to the cover! Another aside is tomorrow I'll be installing a large(ish) sign with a rip of the "Lefevre Biscuits" piece.
Kent Smith

Mucha

Post by Kent Smith »

Thanks for the link. Great selections to remind us of his genius.
Kelly Thorson

Post by Kelly Thorson »

I'm glad this link reached some that will enjoy it.
I was really surprised at how much work I hadn't seen...I thought I was a keen follower. :)
I've always wanted to do a series of his panels in murals.
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
cam bortz

Post by cam bortz »

Thanks for the link, Kelly. I've been to Prague and seen the Mucha museum, which has a very comprehensive collection of his work. Mucha was a major influence on the American masters like Atkinson and Charles Strong, among others.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Thanks Kelly

The man was a genius! I like is work very much, my wife and I are going to Prague for 4 days in April I will be visiting the Mucha museum to see his work .
How long did you go out there for Cam? I'm Looking forward to it...
Dave