Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

amal logo

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

William Holohan

amal logo

Post by William Holohan »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by vance galliher on August 03, 2003
at one of the conclaves several years ago we screened david butler's letterhead logo as a project. yesterday i finally started to work on my piece. after several typical bonami cleanings, i began by watering sizing the "chisels" area for laying leaf. the first partial leaf cringled and i just applied more size above the area to wash it off and apply another leaf. to my surprise and dismay the black dekor came off also, and in other areas under that section of the design. since a large portion of the image was now gone, i brushed size and lightly scrubbed with my size brush the entire piece to see if any more black would come off. it didn't, so i think maybe that area of the glass didn't get cleaned as well before printing the black. my question after this long prelude is how could i get a copy of the image so i could make another film positive and start all over again ?......should i just call david ? thanks, vance
Bill Blumberg
Vance I know you can figure EVERYTHING out.
Danny Busselle
Hi Vance, I'll look in storage I know I had a copy, MaybeI can get the Printer at the corner to make a copy of it. give me until Wednesday on this I am not moving to well OK? Danny