Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Alternative to reader board......?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Alternative to reader board......?

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by vance galliher-gold leaf design studio on July 31, 2003
i'm doing a nice piece for a local church......gilded hdu ltrs/alum bkgd panels, etc.............they also want a separate panel below for changeable copy to announce upcoming events. i really dislike the look of those plastic letters !! what are other options ?...thanks, vance
Tony Segale
If I'm creating a nice piece and putting in the time for a hand crafted look, why not do the same with the changable reader board. Cut the size panels for the messages, hand letter the message and with bolts and wingnuts, they can change and store those not in use. They can call for more as needed, and any that need to have the messsage change on the panel itselfbecause they no longer use that message, can very dsimply be repaint and lettered. just because there is vinyl and plastic available, doesn't mean we have to use it! We can still produce top-notch hand lettering and save the other stuff for when its wanted ( I don't think it's ever really needed)
Just my thoughts, pretty old school, eh?
Rick Sacks
another possibility would be to do a metal backing and print on magnetic
or static cling
Danny W. Baronian
Vance,

Danny (the other one) is on the right track. Either make or have made a panel with clear acrylic 'envelopes' attached.

I've found the best alternative to what you describe is to create a panel with one or two horizontal openings, with clear 'envelopes' from 1/8" acrylic that would hold a standard 8 1/2 x 11" paper that slips in from the top or edge. Design a template for the copy and let the customer print their own as needed.

If you need a drawing email me.

Danny Baronian
Danny Busselle
Hi Vance. will find some one with a Gerber Router.
Might talk to John Studden about a routed face w/Frame