Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Whiting?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Whiting?

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Chris Maylone on March 15, 2003
Does anyone know where I can find something to add
to one shot to make it matte. I had a liquid years ago, but nobody in Chicago seems to carry it
anymore.
Noel B. Weber
Before, I was buying Kaolin from Rick, but you can buy it at a pharmacist. It is a refined Kaolin, used as a filler for asperin. You might also find it at a ceramic supply house, but it might not be as fine. Also, check out One Shot. They still sell Chromatic's paste.

I still like the fine Kaolin the best for glass work.

Good luck,
Noel
Vance Galliher
.....good to see your name here noel!.....your wording........"was buying..from rick".........really struck me as in past tense,..and that is as it is ....and i feel my loss.... and i also rejoice in my gain to have known rick.......and now my thoughts are for lola........where does she begin ?......vance