Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Whiting - Flattening Paste

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Whiting - Flattening Paste

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Chris Maylone on March 14, 2003
Does anyone know where to get an additive for 1-shot that will knock out the gloss? this is probably a stupid question, but I can't find it in chicago.
Carol
Chris,
You could try Pacific Coast Paint in Portland, OR. They have a web site too.
C.
Larry Whan
Chromatic makes a flatting paste that works great. The only thing is that all those paint companys have changed hands so many times that I'm not sure if they make it any more or who makes it. I know you used to be able to get it at Quill, Hair and Ferral in south carolina. Good luck
Tony Segale
Larry's right, Chromatic Clear Flattening Paste is what I purchased from Rick and Lola at Esoteric two years ago. If your not in a hurry, wait a week to see the status at Esoteric Sign Supply.
Kent Smith
Since 1Shot now owns Chromatic, their distributors should have it or can get it.