Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Men In Gold

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Men In Gold

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Mike Jackson on March 11, 2003

Okay...I stole the photo of Rick from Ron Percell's photo below. I hope he doesn't mind.

I have been working on some Steven Parrish photos all along, but this seemed like a good time to pair the Men In Gold. They both shared the same sharing spirit.

Hope you enjoy it.
Mike Jackson
Raymond Chapman
What a great photo. And what a great contribution each made to our craft. They both have left a great hole in the teaching process. Each was unique. Steven was the ultimate showman and Rick was the shy genius with the steel trap mind. Neither can be replaced.

Althouogh it will probably never be recognized by the world's populace, we have lost a national treasure.

Thanks Mike. And thanks for the message that you left on the answering machine. I'll call back tomorrow. You know me - today I would have probably just got your ear all wet.