Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Ricks Funeral

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Ricks Funeral

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Carol on March 17, 2003
Would those of you who did attend Rick's funeral please tell those of us who couldn't attend about it?
Thanks,
C.
Kimberly Zanetti
A lovely service was held in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA this morning to say goodbye to our dear friend Rick Glawson.

Raymond Chapman outdid himself with his eulogy. There were many tears, many smiles and many laughs. Several of Rick's friends shared their remembrances of Rick resulting in more tears and more laughs. Jim Ingram honored Rick with a rousing hymn.

After the service, we all gathered at the gravesite where Ray again spoke and Patrick Smith shared a haunting rendition of Amazing Grace on his accordian.

Despite a lousy weather forecast, it was a stunningly beautiful sun-filled day. On either side of the freeway leading from my town over to the Los Angeles area, there are two huge mountains. They are incredible this time of year, covered with snow. As I approached them on my way to the service, I looked up to see a huge, perfect rainbow linking the two mountains. I actually laughed out loud - someone up there was playing with their signkit!

For those of you who knew and loved Rick but couldn't join us today, please know that you were there in all of our hearts.