Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Digital Cameras and X-rays?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Digital Cameras and X-rays?

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Raymond Chapman on December 30, 2002
Recently I finally broke down and bought me a digital camera. When I travel I plan on putting the camera in my luggage. The question is: will the security x-ray at the airports damage the camera?
Rick Sacks
They say NO. It has not hurt mine in any noticable way.
Carol
If you're concerned, can't you just remove the "smart card" and carry on separately? That way any images you have could be protected.
Kent Smith
Unlike film, digital cameras and storage media are electronic. They typically would be more effected by microwaves or radio waves as well as other electronic impulses such as magneitc sensors used to detect metal objects. Xrays expose conventional film media including polaroid films similar to light exposure but they are not effected by electronic impulses. Some film is effected by magnetic although it does not completely expose the film. Bottom line, send the camera through the x-ray but don't take it near the metal detectors including the hand-held wands.