Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Bird Deterants

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Bird Deterants

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Jeffrey P. Lang on August 20, 2002
I was told recently if string, fishing line or something similar was stretched along the top edge of a sign, with eye screws to raise it up a little, it would keep birds from perching along the top of signs.
Has anyone else heard of this or other solutions of keeping the birds from camping on top of signs?
Jeff Lang
Carol
Don't know about that, but there's a product made for just that purpose. I've seen it advertised in those cards we get. Looks like tinsel on a rope. Seems like it would work.
Jeffrey P. Lang
Thanks Carol,
The principal behind the fishing line is the birds supposedly won't land on the top because the line will give the sensation of an unstable perch.
I'll need to keep my eyes peeled for those cards advertising that product.
Jeff