Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Breakfast of Champions?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Breakfast of Champions?

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Mike Jackson on February 26, 2002
Other than being distantly related to the fact signs are a form of advertising, this is basically an off topic post....

I just saw Sarah Hughes on TV holding up a new box of Wheaties with her picture on the front. I think the sub-line on that box is "Breakfast of Champions". I wonder what percentage of the Olympians started their days with a big bowl of Wheaties? Maybe all their managers had suggested that they eat at least one bowl some time prior to the Olympics...just in case.

I got a kick out of the Silver Medal winning snowboarder when they were interviewed the after their event. Someone asked if the three would be on the front of a Wheaties box and he answered "I've never eaten a bowl of Wheaties in my life...Count Chocula, maybe". At least he was honest.

Mike Jackson
Sarah
When you work in advertising trade you soon learn that truth has nothing to do with it. It's MONEY!