Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Latest Tobacco sign....

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Larry White

Latest Tobacco sign....

Post by Larry White »

Well, I made good use of another piece of scrap glass. I figured the shop could use another tobacco sign. One with a Dead Man slant. You know the typical glue chip, acid etch, angel gild, bit of paint work, and a touch of abalone. Throw on a background color and bingo... This piece is 91" x 28" and the main copy characters are 10". I'm going to construct a nice sandblasted wood frame. Then its probably on to the next thing. I hadn't posted anything for awhile, so I thought I'd share this little ditty...

...I cranked out the frame yesterday and got it up on the wall today, now it's on to the next thing. :o :) :D

..."this is Mr. Olafson, HE's our new sign writer"....
Last edited by Larry White on Wed May 25, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Larry White
That's enough for now... it's gettin' late
Town Of Machine
http://www.walljewelry.com
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

...and just keep sharing these little "ditties" Beautiful stuff and you are truly on to something of your own!
Larry White

Bernhardt... I can see your heart....

Post by Larry White »

.... I figured out when you can have enough glass signs...

...when you're pushin' up daisies from a pine box! ..NOW GET OUT!... :D

-Mr.D
Larry White

Post by Larry White »

Doug Fielder

Post by Doug Fielder »

That is good! I have to try that one.

The glass pieces are incredible, I would love to see one be made before I try it on my own. I just feel more comfortable doing it that way, that way I can ask questions along the way. Again, FANTASTIC work!
Doug F.
FALLOUT Grafix
Port St Lucie, FL

Formerly from NJ, Formerly from VT,
Formerly from SF, CA, Formerly from NC,
Formerly from CO, FINALLY settled in FL!
Dennis Davis

Post by Dennis Davis »

Hey, Larry, what you find typical to you sure isn't in my world. Now you have nother beautiful sign for your wall collection. Your work is always top notch. Thanks for sharing it with the forum.

Dennis in Boise
Kelly Thorson

Post by Kelly Thorson »

i always appreciate seeing your work Larry. Now I've really got to clear my slate so i can play. :)
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
Tony Segale

Post by Tony Segale »

The eagle never lost so much time, as when he submiited to learn of the crow.

Another nice job, William Blake. Now, you are a poet, painter, killer of white men and a gilder!
and he took that golden hair and made a sweater for baby bear.
http://www.tonysegale.com
http://www.tonysegale.wordpress.com
Mark Fair

Post by Mark Fair »

absoutely stunning work larry!!! thanks for sharing.
i would love to see more!!!!

mark