Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Orange Magic Tape

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

G.R. Signs

Orange Magic Tape

Post by G.R. Signs »

for years I've used "Orange Magic" tape for top & bottom line masking.Now Rayco sign supply says they can't get it anymore.Does anyone know a similar tape & where I can get it.I don't want to go back to fine line tape(to expencive)
Jill Marie Welsh

Post by Jill Marie Welsh »

I used to get it from Pioneer Supply out of Pittsburgh PA.
They no longer carry it.
I guess it has gone the way of Sapphire Brush Oil.
I loved it too!
Wasn't it made in Germany?
Love....Jill
Raymond Chapman

Lettering Tape

Post by Raymond Chapman »

The tape that I used was .25" Fine Line from 3M (light green color) and is available at most automotive paint suppliers.
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

I'll have to do a check on whatz in my shop right now but is prob to get and works just like Ray's green tape. ....used that before too.
Doug Fielder

Post by Doug Fielder »

I have been using this new green tape from Europe. It is 1/2 the price of the 3M, and though it smells funny, it works great. It is a lot like the 3M blue tape. I want to see if they have a version of the 3M green. It is available from our local AutoBody Supply house.
Doug F.
FALLOUT Grafix
Port St Lucie, FL

Formerly from NJ, Formerly from VT,
Formerly from SF, CA, Formerly from NC,
Formerly from CO, FINALLY settled in FL!