Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Lettering Brushes?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Jon Harl

Lettering Brushes?

Post by Jon Harl »

I got some really great Handover Red Sable Quills from Rick. So it's been a long time since I've bought any brushes. Where are you buying brushes and what are you buying? For the most part I'm looking for some Rafael's or equal quality or better. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Jon Harl on Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Harl
San Jose, CA
Sign Painting Since 1984
Doug Fielder

Post by Doug Fielder »

Look up Lazer Lines.com He has Raphaels and also when he buys his brushes he keeps the good ones to sell and sends the rest back. I have never bought from him, but that is what folks say about him.
I have almost a lifetime stock of old French Masters for myself, and a whole bunch of Mack grey quills that aren't too bad. Actually my 18 Mack Brown is really nice and great for 1" outlines. I also picked up a bunch of Grumbacher GreySpeeds a couple years ago.
My favorite sable is the LUCO 6999, I have 3 and they are bullet proof! Love them, can't find them anymore and quite expensive too.
Good luck.
Doug F.
FALLOUT Grafix
Port St Lucie, FL

Formerly from NJ, Formerly from VT,
Formerly from SF, CA, Formerly from NC,
Formerly from CO, FINALLY settled in FL!