Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Saying Hi from the U.K.

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

aj

Saying Hi from the U.K.

Post by aj »

Hiya!

Ive just found this site so I thought I would pop my head around the door and say Hi!! 8)
John Lennig

Post by John Lennig »

Hello AJ, Welcome!

Where in Somerset? I looked at your sebsite, beautiful work, long live painting! Couldn't see anything on History, tho.

John
"You spelled it wrong!"
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

AJ
Nice work.Is the gowns & crowns gilded?I also enjoyed the gold leaf house number 1.
Cheers
Roderick
www.customglasssigns.com
Brian the Brush UK

Post by Brian the Brush UK »

Hi aj,
Always nice to hear about another paint pusher from the UK, I'm based in Yorkshire, but travel throughout the country splashing the paint and gilding the glass, this is a great site with some very talented people, welcome and enjoy ! Brian.
www.brian-the-brush.com
With a stroke more imagination.
aj

Post by aj »

Hi all!
Im based in Yeovil in Somerset but im from Bognor Regis in Sussex. I learnt my lettering from Rob Beckinsale, when we were at Hall Signs.

The oval hanging sign is all one shot. The name is in metallic silver. Ive been working on my own since early on this year, but ive managed to pick up quite a few jobs! Im going to learn stained glass work so I can offer that to customers as well. I have been getting enquiries about internal projects like marbling and wood effects. Im determined to make this work.

Seeya Andy
Wayne Osborne

Post by Wayne Osborne »

Hi Andy- well, well ,well, small world- I'm in Midhurst West Sussex.
Some very smart work on your site- Hope it all works out for you down there.
Good to see another brush swinger! -( You would'nt reconise Halls now)
If your ever this way give us a shout or drop in- you'd be very welcome.