Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Finished!

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

cam bortz

Finished!

Post by cam bortz »

:D I completed my first commisioned glass piece a few days ago; just waiting for UPS to deliver the frame. When I get it framed I'll photogragh it and see if I can figure out how to post it. :D
cam bortz

Post by cam bortz »

Larry White

Post by Larry White »

Nice! :D Thanks for sharing it! -LW
Raymond Chapman

Post by Raymond Chapman »

Great looking stuff, Cam. Keep'em coming.
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Good show...and a riot to do ain't it!
cam bortz

Post by cam bortz »

I wish the colors came up better in the photo... I didn't get to photograph it in the shop before delivery, so it was taken in place. The top panel reads "diarmuid" in burnished XX gold, with a background of stippled arterial red, backed with white gold, and in person the red just glows. The reds on the blended shade are enamels, which I also backed up (with aluminum leaf). The matte centers of the main copy "Hanafin" are blended with xx to 18k to 12k. This job had it share of heartache - the original piece broke (see the "sound of breaking glass" post) so this one was done without any glue-chipping.

Thanks for the comments. I'm sure Mike J. recognizes his panel and scrolls, which worked well in this.

The second photo is of the front window, done on-site with 23k gold and enamels. The photography came out better on this, tough it still has the reflection of the building across the street.
Ron Berlier

Post by Ron Berlier »

Looks great Cam, like the color choices - old tyme feel about them.

Thanks for following up with the photos so we could get a look! :)

Ron
Ron Berlier
Wherever I go, there I am.
Mark Fair

Post by Mark Fair »

Beautiful Work Cam.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Nice work Cam! Keep it going.
cam bortz

Post by cam bortz »

I've added some other photos of work done for the same client. Thought you might enjoy them.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bracketgu ... .dir=/fe57