Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Seasons Greetings

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Seasons Greetings

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hello everyone,
This photo seems to sum up the season around here. I shot it on the 16th of December, at the tail end of the full moon. I had to get up very early and drive about 20 miles to the Snake River Overlook before the sun came up and before the morning river fog obscured the mountains. At that time of the morning, it was about -17F outside.

We are now past the shortest day of the year, so we can start looking forward to a few extra minutes of daylight each day for the next six months.

It has been very cold here for the past month or longer. It finally got above freezing yesterday, and we applied a few vinyl jobs that had been stacking up.

Seasons best wishes to all,
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Larry White

Ahh...California!

Post by Larry White »

Our last storm came up from the south. It was 59 degrees this morning at 6:30AM. I'm still running around in a t-shirt...and I try to stay away from vinyl. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! ...Keep on gilding!

-Larry White
Raymond Chapman

Post by Raymond Chapman »

Mike...Thanks for sharing the beauty of your countryside. And Merry Christmas to you and the family.

P.S. Thanks for the package.
Kelly Thorson

Post by Kelly Thorson »

Nice picture, Mike - there is something rather surreal about it. Maybe it is because I live in the prairies. I love that pre dawn look.
It has been a strange winter already here, Mother Nature seems a tad senile of late. Here it is three days untill Christmas and it poured today. We were treated to an incredible double rainbow tonight - I couldn't have painted it any brighter! You really don't often get to see rainbows with snow on the ground, and definitely not with that intensity.

Wishing each and every one of you a joyous Christmas and a prosperous and Happy New Year.
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
Jim Moser

Post by Jim Moser »

Beautiful picture Mike ! MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and everyone else on the forum !
Life is much too important to be taken seriously
Catharine C. Kennedy

Post by Catharine C. Kennedy »

Thanks for the picture (and the effort to take it!) I am very thankful to this forum & all the information and guidence therein- so a very Merry Christmas to one & all! :D
Catharine C. Kennedy
Chatham Center, NY
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi again,
I'll throw in a few more photos, mainly because it "'tis the season". I get a few emails protesting me posting scenic photos (because this is a hand lettering forum), but it seems appropriate to get to take a little break from all that at this time of the year.

The photo above was taken about 45 minutes after the one at the top of the page.

This photo was taken the next morning, but the clouds didn't allow me to see the moon that day.

Lastly, this photo was taken about 15 miles south of town at one of the elk feed grounds. It was slightly posterized and modified in Photoshop to give it a little more drama. It would have been great if he had a Christmas Tree in the back of the sleigh, but the bail of hay works, too. From this angle, you can't see him well, but there is an old dog hugging the front of the sleigh.

Seasons Greetings,
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Jon Harl

Post by Jon Harl »

I'm with Larry, I don't even own a jacket. I never wear one, it never gets that cold in California. Pics look great, no complaints here. Happy holidays.
Jon Harl
San Jose, CA
Sign Painting Since 1984