Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Walk in sandblast booth

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Roderick Treece

Walk in sandblast booth

Post by Roderick Treece »

For those of you who have a walk in sand blast booth what is your floor area size and what size of dust removal do you use (CFM)s.I am getting ready to put one in and I would like any info you can offer.My space will be aprox 4' x 8' 7' high.I 'm told the calculation for cfm is 4'x 8' =32 x 80=2560 cfm.
I see alot of dust removal systems out there.Can you use one for a wood shop?
Thanks Roderick
Robin Sharrard

Post by Robin Sharrard »

See Butch at www.thesandwitch.com She has the information for a blower motor that can be obtained from Granger and she sells the oppropriate filter material so you can make your own collector that will last much longer than some of the commercial units. I got rid of my box but I believe it is an inline duct fan from Fantech # 03060 Butch has all the information, I think she has the information on her web site as well. She did a series of articles in GLass Art Magazine with lots of pictures and a very good review of all the other fan units that she tested. Sha also has pictures of the overhead collector system that uses leach field PVC pipe that runs up one side and over the top of her work area. Although the 6" (the have a 4" unit) is OVERKILL for my cabnet, I have built a small room at home which I plan to use for large glass and it will serve that purpose just fine. I think the e-mail address is correct. Hope this helps...Robin

Update: The web address is correct, but I didn't see any info in the supplies section so you'll have to send an e-mail to her, and I'm sure she could also provide you with a copy of the articles, I think she calls this set-up "Wolfgangsuck" (at least that was the headliner in her add) and uses a standard 33 gal plastic garbage can as the collector base (for the 4"), but you could build a nice cabnet like I did (for he 6").
Robin Sharrard
Sharrard Graphics & Signs
Fallon,Nevada