Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

My first glass signs

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Felix Marcano

My first glass signs

Post by Felix Marcano »

Hi guys. My web guy finally posted the glass signs we've been working on. Can I get your honest opinions?

Thanks!

http://www.puertoricosigns.com/pages/portfolio.html
Work hard, party like a tourist!
Kelly Thorson

Post by Kelly Thorson »

Okay Felix....that women's washroom sign is just too funny!
You seem to be catching on fast. Good for you.
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
Larry White

Honest opinions...

Post by Larry White »

Say, not too bad for a new kid!

The Dos Equis looks clean and tight, nice colors. Watch for your letter centers getting too large. The center plus the brightline should be your character width. The "Special Lager" letters look a little over bold.

The Letter "A" looks like it's all ready for a blended shade. I wrote up a few notes on this. Notes on shades

Your "R" looks nice, nice chip! It could use an outline and/or shade. Look in the Gold Leaf Techniques book for some good suggestions.

Restroom...interesting.

Real Dream looks good too. Photography is always tricky. Seeing how the piece is clear, the chipping might have shown up better against a darker background, but not so dark you loose the letter shade.

Tarara looks nice too, nice colorizing of the glue chipping.

Puerto Del Rey, this too could've had a bit more "pop" with outlines or shades on the letters.

Overall, looks quite good. Now, on to the next one. Keep practicing.
Larry White
That's enough for now... it's gettin' late
Town Of Machine
http://www.walljewelry.com
Felix Marcano

Post by Felix Marcano »

Thanks for your comments guys! I agree with you about the "Ladies" sign. I seemed like a good idea at the time. See what I wast thinking with that was- You know when in nice restaurants you may see nice glass door before going through the "real" restroom door? That was it. But anyway...LOL!!

Thanks!

Larry, The Puerto del Rey letters were supposed to have a tinted shadow, but I ran out of time.

Special Lager- So you're saying that I should do an inline on my letters instead of outline? Got it. Thanks!
Work hard, party like a tourist!
Joe Goodson

Awesome

Post by Joe Goodson »

I only hope that one day I'll get there.

Nice work.
Joe
Actions speak louder than words.