Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

The Memorial Conclave 2006

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Ron Percell
Site Admin

The Memorial Conclave 2006

Post by Ron Percell »

Here's a page on "The Memorial Conclave 2006" Letterhead Meeting
http://www.letterheadsignsupply.com/conclave_2006.htm

I want to Thank Rick Sacks & Danny Baronian for the additional photos!
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

It was a good time. Up here in Canada, it's hard to believe it's 90 plus degrees somewhere and just a week ago I was there enjoying it!
Robin Sharrard

Post by Robin Sharrard »

Thanks Ron, for all the great pictures. The time you spent putting this together is very much appreciated!

A Big thanks to John and his Family for their hospitality and a Wonderfull weekend... Robin
Robin Sharrard
Sharrard Graphics & Signs
Fallon,Nevada
Rob Collard

Post by Rob Collard »

Haven't made time to reply to this post but I think about that weekend alot.
I discribed this event (before going) to my family and friends, as The Hall of Fame of Gilders, that was invitation only, and I was invited! When I first started introducing myself to people, it felt like "How did you get invited here?" or maybe that was the way I took it. I felt a little out of place coming from an automotive background and fairly new in the sign industry.Another thing I discovered was how much I wanted to be like you guys( the industry professionals) and was quickly reminded it was years and years of application that got you the experience. Once I got back into doing my own piece at my own pace (instead of trying to be faster than the rest of you) I was able to let go of the "critic" inside that so often kills the artist inside of me. I finished my piece and have been inspired to finish the others I started in the workshop I took.
More than anything I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone at the event for the help/ inspiration you gave me from opening up and sharing a piece of your past and experiences you shared with each other.
I probably got something out of ya whether we spoke or not.
The whole weekend for me, was pretty emotional (as it was also for some of you)in that it was a Memorial Conclave for Rick (and all great things past) and I discovered a craft that truly hits me deep in the heart and gives me a freedom I can't describe, and a family of friends and colleagues some I haven't even met yet (future).
Special thanks to John and his family as well.Oh and John I want to make you proud, Thank You-Rob
John Studden

Post by John Studden »

Robert, I know exactly what you mean, I remember walking into Rick's the for the first time & having that moment change & influence my life since then...Attending my 1st Conclave (#3) & seeing the likes of Noel Weber, Mike Jackson, Bill Hueg etc. made me feel like an apprentice...
but after talking to people for a while you realize you all share the same thirst for knowledge of the old ways. It is good to see a younger set of Letterheads coming along with the same mindset. I can think of a few like John Yarnell, Fernando Ocampo & yourself who seem to have been bitten by the same inquisitive bug! Good to see replacements coming along, but we still have a few tricks left...........John

Our 3rd Conclave would have been the 21st consecutive......it's great to keep such a talented group of craftsmen together, & for as long as possible. Thanks to all
John Studden
Valencia Signs, California