Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Help or advice with painting on china/ceramic

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Hedley

Help or advice with painting on china/ceramic

Post by Hedley »

I do some work for different people from time to time which involves writing onto china plates. I simply use One Shot and all is fine except when I use BLACK. It seems to bleed out onto the plate and doesn't leave a clean edge. I'm almost positive that I haven't thinned it too much. Anybody have any answers or suggestions? :cry:
Thanx
HEDLEY

www.freewebs.com/hedleysflutebandart
www.freewebs.com/hmba2

Look the Part - Marching Band Art
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

I loved your site!What a great medium to paint on Drum heads.As for the plates I can;t think of any reason the one shot black would do that.Maybe you've gotten oil on the plate from you hands?
I have painted alot of art on ceramic tiles with a tecnique called china fire.It's a great way to put art on ceramics.You use powdered pigments mixed into clove oil,paint on your colors and low fire in a kiln.The color is permanent.The clove oil smell great.
Roderick
Hedley

Post by Hedley »

Thanx Roderick - yes maybe it is oil from my hands because it seems worse in certain places. As for the other method it probably wouldn't be practical for what I do but again thanx for the suggestions. The compliments on the sites and work are also appreciated. :D
HEDLEY

www.freewebs.com/hedleysflutebandart
www.freewebs.com/hmba2

Look the Part - Marching Band Art