Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Updated the Wall Jewelry website...

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Larry White

Updated the Wall Jewelry website...

Post by Larry White »

Hi Friends!
Well I finally got around to updating my website. It's been over a year. Everytime I thought of getting together with my photographer, I figured I'd just finish the one I had going. Only trouble is, I always have one going. So I drew a line in the sand and got it done.

The new ones are:

Inspired by Roderick Treece, I had to have one of these old style Chapman & Smith signs. Rodderick has some great techniques for making stuff look old and haggard.

I made this Art Deco Mirror with a toned etching process, then solution gilded it copper.

I finally got around to employing one of those paintings I got from the Ukraine into this American Brewing Co. sign. I aquired the layout out of one of the antique sign books. I think I posted a thread on the letter shades on this one.

As a few of you know, I like the movie Dead Man and I liked it well enough to create it's own catagory on my website. I've recreated a few signs from the movie and made up a few on my own. You can see 'em here.

Inspired from a sign of Rick Glawson's, I created this Martin's Cigars sign to test out some new etching techniques.

Here's my finished piece from After the Gold Rush, the first Memorial Conclave.

And the Gilt by Association from the second Memorial Conclave.

I purchased this interesting oval frame, which was an olive drab color, with a beveled mirror in it , at a local auction. I spruced it up by gilding the whole thing then creating this Runkel Bros. Chocolates sign out of the mirror.

Digitized by Don Coplen, I created this Palms Transfer Ornaments sign with the toned etching process followed by copper solution gilding. The shape of the glass was cutout by sandblasting all the way through the glass.

And I suppose you all followed along with the Hamilton Bank Note.

Well, I suppose that gives you enough to look at for awhile. Feel free to post any questions you might have on techniques or processes or whatever. Thanks for checking it out!
Larry White
That's enough for now... it's gettin' late
Town Of Machine
http://www.walljewelry.com
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Mr. dickinson,
I must protest the use of such langauge as Hagard!Had I known you felt that way I would have kleened up my act.
I think what I would like you to do is tell me how you photographer does such great work!Your photos always look perfect.

Thanks for all the great photos
RT
John Lennig

Post by John Lennig »

Larry, Very Inspirational! Thank you.

John Lennig
"You spelled it wrong!"
Sarah King

Post by Sarah King »

Larry,

Wonderful as always - and I would love to know how the photography is done. Just any old hints would be most welcome. I especially love the Art Deco Mirror - the design, the execution, the antiquing and the photograph.

Nice to see the copper getting some play. Have you tried coppering over a layer of gold or silver? You can get some wonderful colors that I don't think can be acheived with leaf.
Sarah King
AngelGilding.com