Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Roderick Treece latest Glass Art

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Larry White

Roderick Treece latest Glass Art

Post by Larry White »

Rod asked me to post this for him.
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

My thanks go's out to Larry for posting this photo for me.When it comes to posting photos I am totally inept.
I just finished this piece this week end in between trying to find any info I could about the Lodi wall dog meet.There where very limited photos of the event until Tuesday.Do to total lack of funds I could not attend.It was nice to see so many friends there having a great time all thanks to Tony Segal.
Back to the "Knights of the Temple",This piece started from an old lettering book of my dads .I always like the font and copy so I hand digetized it.Made a vinyl mask,The boarder came from Mike Jacksons chip art cd,Glue chipped and mirrored it,Painted the block side of the lettering,crakel finished and aged the background.Painted the shadows.Gave the background 3 coats of orange shellac and the guilded it with 18k gold.It also has abalone insets and 23k guilded watch crystals.
My wife says "There another one for my sign mueseum".

Roderick
vance galliher

knights......

Post by vance galliher »

very nice piece Roderick ! Like to see a few closeups.........Just curious, why did you use vinyl as a mask rather then paintmask ?
Roderick Treece

Vance,
In fact I did use spray mask.As a Guy that doesn't do much vynil work I tend to lump all machine cuts material into one catagory which is why I said vinyl fo my mask.As for more photo details I will have to ask larry if he would post more for me.I'll get back to you on that
Thanks Roderick
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Yeo Guys, Im still wondering what the difference is between the 2. Lovley piece to Mr. Rod and good to see you are still with us all Vance!
Roderick Treece

Doug,
Thanks,glad you like it.Don't think I understand your post though. "Im still wondering what the difference is between the 2.
It seems this peice has been a big hit with the Masons "Freemasons".

Roderick
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Sorry Roderick...I was referring to "Paint mask and Vinyl Mask"...and again...it's a sweet job.