Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

pub decorative art

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Roderick Treece

pub decorative art

Post by Roderick Treece »

I found this site while doing a search for pub mirrors.Check it out ,there are some very nice pieces.Maybe David Smith know where this place is.
Cheers
Roderick
http://www.rmills.co.uk/display.php?cat=s&sub=z
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Some great antiques there....!!
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Roderick
How strange you should come across this site ,I have just started to get some orders for some decorative glue chipping and pub mirrors.
The company is in Bristol , UK and from what I can tell they seem to get involved with alot of old fashioned work.

Dave
Larry White

Post by Larry White »

Hey Dave! Must have your computer back up and running? Send me your new email address.

-LW
Roderick Treece

Dave,
Nice work don't you think?
Keep an eye out for that guy that e-mailed me those old pub signs,Ernie was his name.I never heard back when I told him I'd try a few at 100.oo a sqft.Glad that didn't happen.I don't think I could make any money at that price.

Roderick
Robin Sharrard

Post by Robin Sharrard »

I would also like your new e-mail address so I can clarify an instruction step. Thanks for the eye candy Rod!
Robin Sharrard
Sharrard Graphics & Signs
Fallon,Nevada
Roderick Treece

DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Larry and Rodin my email is still the same as before- chapman_and_smith@btinternet.com Have you had trouble sending mail?
Hope this works for you now. Gad to hear you sorted out the glass job Roderick, it's sometimes worth dropping the price a little but only If you really want to get stuck into something special and you have the time to make it, also the customer needs to be aware what your doing for them. It dosen't happen often but I have helped out some collectors in the past, I have one who gave me an 100 year old brewery sign a few months ago in return I restored another glass piece, great swap!
I actually like to leave the pieces as they are ,nice and aged looking! The old pieces I am restoring at the moment are worth £600 each when finished the price tag for them will be over £2000 there are people here who actually pay lots of money for the really basic Scottish Brewery glass signs .i will post some pictures up when they are completed.
see you

Dave