Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Save a few bucks on your books

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Save a few bucks on your books

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi all,
I have been buying quite a few books on photography in the past year. I have purchased a few at my local bookstore, but they have a limited selection on this subject, especially considering where I live.

I have purchased a few on Amazon.com, using their regular price, but in the past month or so, I have been checking out the "Buy Used" feature. Interestingly, many in that section are new and priced below the regular Amazon price. Some have minimal wear (usually well described) and some have the previous owner's name inside. Not too long ago, I ordered one book through Amazon and it said the book would ship in about a week, but after a month, I finally cancelled the order and looked in the used section. The same book I was waiting on and paying close to $18 was available for less than $3.

So, if you are buying new reference materials, you might save a few dollars by clicking on the "buy used" feature.

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
carlos venson

Post by carlos venson »

Just adding to Mike's post on buying used books from Amazon. I've had great success with this
feature. Most books I've received have been like new and at a great savings with fast service.
Just check the dealers score for satisfaction. Carlos 8)
Chris Lovelady

Post by Chris Lovelady »

hello Mike,
I would like to chime in on this post as well, as i buy mostly used books from amazon, and have been very satisfied will all my purchases. the only bad thing that happened was someone I ordered from sent the wrong book but said keep it and reordered. always prompt service.

Lovelady