Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Its been a while

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Rick Janzen

Its been a while

Post by Rick Janzen »

Hi Folks,
Its been a long time since I made a post on the site. The last time I dropped in was after working on the movie Open Range. I must admit that I've been checking in on the site over the last couple of years, but never added to the post. I've alway found the site to contain top notch information on Sign Making and Hand Lettering. I just had the pleasure of doing a workshop with Ken Soderbeck on Fire Apparatus Striping and Scroll Work, and found it to be very inspirational. I'll try to drop in more often. PS. thanks for the reminder Mike
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hello everyone,
More than likely, every oneone that has ever registed on this site recently received a "mass" email from me as one of the site-administrators. The note basically mentioned some changes regarding registering, plus a minute or so delay time between posts. While making the email, I also reminded everyone to come back and look over the Forum again if they haven't been here in a while. Rick Jansen's post was a response to that. It is nice to see him back over here and posting!

Besides his post here, I have had quite a few emails telling me thanks for all the time and energy. Okay...I'll gladly take a bit of the compliments, but also mention that Danny Baronian has been helping a LOT with this site. He basically goes through daily and weeds out all the new BOT registrants. That amounts to roughly 20-25 daily. I do a few when I have a few minutes, but really Danny is the one doing all that grunt work. It take four or five steps to delete each one, and it is no fun!

So, to all the people sending me a note of thanks, I am adding this post to Rick's post to do a public "you are welcome, and thanks for the note". I jotted a note to Kent Smith and it looks like there is a very good chance the Denver Letterheads group will pick up a big portion of the cost of this site for the next year (again). Thanks again to them.

Lastly, the success of this forum depends greatly on the give and take of all the people registered. Newbies will always have questions and it is very rewarding to see people patiently helping them out by explaining the steps and sharing their knowledge. As always, everyone is invited to just make a plain old post about something you learned somewhere along the line.

Best regards,
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Kelly Thorson

Post by Kelly Thorson »

Hope you don't mind if I post a link to the pics you posted on the LSL forum Rick. I'm sure some here would love to see them. It looks like the class was well worth the travels. :)
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
Wayne Osborne

Post by Wayne Osborne »

Wow Kelly- thanks for the link- Thats absolutely stunning !
Larry White

THANKS!!!

Post by Larry White »

Hey Mike, Danny, and all behind the scenes-
I have enjoyed being a participant in this board and how it helps keeps friends together and in contact. Thanks for all your efforts. I feel another step-by-step coming on. I enjoy sharing those. The next step-by-step has a few experimental steps, I'll post it as I go, whether it works or not.
Larry White
That's enough for now... it's gettin' late
Town Of Machine
http://www.walljewelry.com