Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

WANTED: Old Pinstriping photos,etc.

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Julian Braet

Post by Julian Braet »

:?: :lol: WANTED: Any old photos (pre 1990) of Pinstripers, Pinstriping,Custom Painters, Custom Painting, etc., for a new book. Photos returned & credited. Also $$ for old "Pinstripers" how to books,kits, business cards, striping water decals, Dutch, Ed Roth stuff,etc.
Mr. J
Signs and Pinstriping
New Jersery
Kimberly Zanetti

Post by Kimberly Zanetti »

(Thanks Mike for the better photo)
Last edited by Kimberly Zanetti on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Lennig

Post by John Lennig »

Kemberly, what a Beauty, and the car is nice too :lol: there's people trying to look like him these days, but he was an Original!!

John
"You spelled it wrong!"
John Lennig

Post by John Lennig »

opps, living up to my Motto, Sorry KIMBERLY :lol:
"You spelled it wrong!"
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

What a great picture , a true craftsman!
Thanks for showing us Kimberly
Dave.
Kimberly Zanetti

Post by Kimberly Zanetti »

Two funny things about this picture...one is that he was in HIGH SCHOOL then! Can you imagine? Id put this picture around 1959-1960. He graduated in '62 and entered the army and this photo looks much younger than pics I've seen around his graduation time. I know he went to drag races at night during high school and striped cars for extra money.

The other is that he has paint on his pants. ANY other letterhead who knew him, knew that he never, ever, ever got paint on his clothes so he obviously broke the habit somewhere a long the line.
Julian Braet

Post by Julian Braet »

Kimberly, thanks for sharing this GREAT photo of your dad. I had the great pleasure & good luck to meet Al through Steve & Karen Bell, many years ago. He truely was an inspiration. I guess he "put up" with a "hack" like me because of his love of the brush & a liking to all pinstripers.
He would have loved our get together this weekend, ther were a lot of old (hand )painters that remembered him & his willingness to share with us.
julian
PS, I still have the "Love" print that he did ,hanging in my office.
Mr. J
Signs and Pinstriping
New Jersery
Rick Sacks

Post by Rick Sacks »

Remember the movie "Dad, can I borrow the car?"

Who did the striping in that?
Mendocino, California
"Where the redwoods meet the Sea"