Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

I889 CUT GLASS INSTALLED

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

DAVE SMITH

I889 CUT GLASS INSTALLED

Post by DAVE SMITH »

I Finally took some photos of the cut glass I fitted a few weeks back.
The frames were in a bad state after 100years of thick paint, I managed to get them looking new again. You can see in one of the photos from the inside where the design will carry on down to the bottom large panels including the centre panel. This will be a border scroll etch with punties and a privacy area at the bottom.They will be made later in the year. I took a photo tonight to show the glow of the pub lights inside showing through the glistening brilliant cutting which makes the whole piece sparkle.
Keep an eye out for a step by step on how all 6 pieces were made in Sign Biz later in the year.
Thanks
Dave

Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Okay Smitty....Now I know for sure. You are right out of your mind. They are drop dead gorgeous and I love the silver stain! I can hardly wait to see them with everything else installed.
joe cieslowski

Post by joe cieslowski »

They just take my breath away!!!!!!

Joe
Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!
Wayne Osborne

Post by Wayne Osborne »

They look very at home Dave- Itching to see the rest of it in now!
Kent Smith

1889 glass

Post by Kent Smith »

Spectacular...you have it mastered, no need to practice anymore.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Thanks Kent and you guys. As you know there is always something else around the corner to learn ,you just can't do it all .
I have just returned from Prague, a nice 4 day break with my wife. The weather was great and also the food and drink. So much Art Nouveou there especially a massive Alphonse Mucha influence , outstanding craftsmanship / architecture everywhere. Here is some some shots of stained glass windows designed by Mucha and made by glass artisans in 1900.
I came back wanting to make a reverse glass piece of my wife in the Mucha style with all the treatments. Another one to put on the back burner. but will do it one day.
I took this shot of my wife for reference she won't see it on here (likely to kill me if she does).
Also some shots of a digital print which covered the entire building while refurbishments were being made just to blend it in to the surroundings. Pretty cool too! Seen alot of this in London also. As Cam Bortz said in an earlier post "well worth the visit". I plan another visit in August with Jeff Lang and Gary Godby, anyone else want to come? Its an hours flight from me.
Dave

IMG]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/ ... rague4.jpg[/IMG]

My wife Melissa ready for a Mucha style glass sign
Kent Smith

Mucha

Post by Kent Smith »

Makes me want to go as well.

Your wife should not kill you for the post, she fits the profile...no pun intended. Mucha also was contemporary and would approve of the shot in it's entirety...heaters, ketchup bottle and all.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Thanks Kent. I agree, the Ketchup gives it a modern twist!
Dave