Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Rick Glawson & the candy store

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Roderick Treece

Rick Glawson & the candy store

Post by Roderick Treece »

Does anyone know where I might find photo's of the Candy Store that Rick did?

Thank you
Roderick
Robert Schwieger

Rick Glawson Goldwork

Post by Robert Schwieger »

Hello Roderick,

I don't know if this is the kind of the image or format you are looking for but Rick Glawson's P. J. Copperpot Confectionery is featured in color in Kent Smith's Gold Leaf Techniques, Fourth Edition. A full shot and a closeup of the pictorial are included.

Good Luck.

Bob
Roderick Treece

Robert,
Thanks,I'll take a look.I geuss that going to have to be a new book in my libary.I talked to David T. yesterday ,he told me there is a photo at Esoteric sign supply so he's going to try to ge a copy.

Roderick
www.customglasssigns.com
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Roderick.
I took about 10 shots of Ricks glass at Universal. I will scan them for you and send them over.
Dave
Roderick Treece

Thanks Dave,
I will look forward to seeing them.I am told the Candy store doesn't exsist any longer.Sad ,I wisheded I had seen it in person.

Two head sets later I still can't skipe,I'm giving up for now.

Roderick
Larry White

Post by Larry White »

Hey Dave-
Get those pictures over to me and I'll post them with these other Rick Glawson photos!
Larry White
That's enough for now... it's gettin' late
Town Of Machine
http://www.walljewelry.com
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Hey Dave...get those pictures over to ME...(to heck with the poet Mr. Blake) just so we can enjoy them! It was an amazing project and the sad aside is after Copperpot closed several of the pieces were sold for less than nothing and I could be corrected here...tossed in the garbage. I guess that is a reality check.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Roderick.
I had 7 images but forgot that most of what I had back then was taken using a small throw away camera and I remember now filming the entire glass at P.T Copperpot with my camcorder. I Hope what you see is ok for you. I have also some great footage of Rick and all his work at Fine Gold on film. probably many other people visiting Esoteric at that time have simalar footage. I forwarded the pics to Larry and Doug also they need looking at with some Photoshop adjustments ,other than that there not too bad. Here are 2 of them
Dave

Kent Smith

photos

Post by Kent Smith »

I have a duplicate set of Rick's photos of the store but cannot lay my hands on them right now. They were taken by the pro at Universal for him. He sent them as we chose photos for the color section of the 4th Edition. I may have sent them to ST but I think it was just the two that are in the book and they are all back here somewhere. We are redoing all of our filing, storing much and if we get our move done, will not go into the storage boxes for months. I will keep my eye out for them though.