Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Slumped Brilliant cut and acid toned glass panels

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

DAVE SMITH

Slumped Brilliant cut and acid toned glass panels

Post by DAVE SMITH »

This really is just a follow up of my tests which were carried out for glass slumping in a recent post. I have just finished silvering these pieces ,they are for a pub called The Rose and Crown in Chichester.
They are brilliant cut and acid toned, the glass is bevelled and I have slumped them to a matching bar back. I still have two more smaller pieces to finish. I am not fitting them but hopefully the owner can get me a photo once they are installed. They still need the silver residue cleaning from the front . they go today ,Hope they fit!

Dave
Danny Baronian
Site Admin

Post by Danny Baronian »

Brilliant!

as usual...
Danny Baronian
Baronian Mfg.
CNC Routing & Fabrication
http://www.baronian.com
Raymond Chapman

Post by Raymond Chapman »

What Danny said. Always a tremendous job. Do you ever do anything that fails?
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

David,
Another job well done, and I see that your apothecary sign is neatly residing in its lovely wooden frame. Nice!
Larry White

Post by Larry White »

Is that "AHO" magazine I see in the background?

Oh, wait, I see it's your ABC coloring book, now we know where you get your design inspirations!

-SWM
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

I also use crayons to sketch with Larry. Painting by numbers is in at the moment. I do have a few accidents and mistakes from time to time Raymond , mainly being inpatient with kiln times opening it to quick and actually hearing the piece ping. Here is one I made using gold chloride kiln paint ,I fired it a bit too low to get a bright gold finish, came out more 18crt its acid etched also. right old nuisence when this happens!

Dave
Wayne Osborne

Post by Wayne Osborne »

Those are stunning mate!- Chichester is not far from me- Definately have to check those out in person- and send you loads of Pictures.