Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Rawson & Evans style storefront sign...

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Larry White

Rawson & Evans style storefront sign...

Post by Larry White »

After taking David Butlers Photoshop class, I decided to create a computer graphic of a design for a sign that I had already drawn up. It's the graphic I have on the masthead of my website. Well I finally finished the real thing. It's 9 feet long and consists of 87 pieces of beveled glass. The outside beveled pieces are all angel gilded (thanks Sarah King!), the letter tiles are glue chipped and silvered with a blue blended color in the letter center. It really came out glorious. The movement in the sign as you walk by is phenominal. It really makes the other ones look kind of dull. The outter border is all stock beveled pieces and beveled clusters from the stained glass supply. The glass for the letter pieces were custom ordered on extra clear glass. All the beveled pieces were then mounted to a board which had been cut to shape, routered, and finished. The beveled pieces are affixed with mirror mastic and "pinned" at the edges with small gold nails to ensure that they won't fall off over time.

Last edited by Larry White on Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry White
That's enough for now... it's gettin' late
Town Of Machine
http://www.walljewelry.com
Jack Keith

Wow!

Post by Jack Keith »

Absolutely stunning, Larry! And I'm sure its even more dramatic in person. Wish I coulld see it close.

Jack
Did I spel that write?
Catharine C. Kennedy

Post by Catharine C. Kennedy »

That's just breath-taking, Larry! How are the beveled pieces fastened? To each other as in stained glass, or attached to the backing?
Amazing work! :lol:
Catharine C. Kennedy
Chatham Center, NY